Each year, the Tech Savvy logo is designed by a student and appears on t-shirts and tote bags… Again, this year we are opening up the contest to prior Tech Savvy student attendees.
This year we’d like you to help us to let everyone know that Tech Savvy Girls are uniquely themselves—and that is A-OK.
This year, Tech Savvy Girls can take a lesson from rainbows.
Each rainbow is unique—and amazing. And, so are Tech Savvy Girls!
Tech Savvy girls know that careers in math and science are Absolutely A-OK for them.
Tech Savvy girls are amazingly smart and confident… They can achieve their dreams with hard work!
Tech Savvy girls are A-OK too! They are authentically themselves. In fact, the uniqueness of each Tech Savvy girl helps her to solve problems and help others in ways that no one else can.
Tech Savvy girls don’t have to change themselves to be amazing! You already are!
In fact, the absolutely, amazing, authentic YOU will change the world!
So are YOU the absolutely, amazing, authentic you?
We bet you are! You’re a Tech Savvy girl!
Tech Savvy 12 will be held on Saturday, March 18, 2017. In this 12th anniversary of Tech Savvy, we are introducing a colorful new theme
Tech Savvy Girls: Absolutely, Amazingly, Authentically YOU!
Artwork Submission Rules…
- Students are invited to develop a picture that represents this year’s theme.
- Note that artwork submitted must be developed by the student and must be the original creation of the student. Students cannot submit artwork developed by or copied from others, including the use of web sources (unless the content is specified as free, for public use, and/or permission has been granted to the artist to use; if such content is allowable and used, proper acknowledgement must be included in the art.)
- In addition to the picture logo, the artwork must also contain “TS12” and some major parts of the theme: “Absolutely, Amazingly, Authentically You”). The placement and location of these words is up to the artist. (Note: The word “me” can be substituted for “you.”)
- The artwork should also include a rainbow—or something suggesting a rainbow.
- Please add your signature or name to the image (below the image, on the right).
- Artwork must fit on 8.5” x 11” page.
- You may consider that the artwork will be placed on colored t-shirts.
- There should be no more than three colors used in the artwork, not including the color used for any text.
- Artwork drawings may be done by hand (scanned in) or electronically.
- Artwork must be submitted in pdf format. Please make sure that scanned in documents are clear when printed.
- Artwork must be received via email by 10 pm on Friday, February 3, 2017.
- Email entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Artwork Contest Entry from ___” with your name, grade, your school, and town.
Artwork Contest Entry from Mary Smith (7th Grade, Superior Middle School, Buffalo)
- By submitting your entry, you are confirming that you have the permission of your parent or guardian and that your parent/guardian agrees to have your artwork, name, and picture released for publicity purposes.
- All artwork submitted becomes the property of AAUW and may be used for publicity purposes. AAUW will provide no monetary compensation for submittals.
- All artists who provide submissions will be recognized in the program booklet. The winning artist will be announced and will receive a gift at the afternoon keynote session.
- The winner will be revealed at the Tech Savvy event on Saturday, March 18; the winner will receive a prize.
- The decision of the committee is final.